Shakhrisabz , 6-10 September, 2018
Maqom Art International Forum has been established by President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev in order to:
Popularize widely one of the famous genre of classical and musical art of East people, to preserve maqom culture contemporarily with modern life, learn and investigate them, develop and encourage professional maqom performers and support them;
Expand public attitude of youth to maqom art in generation’s soul, to perform rich, artistic and esthetic opportunities of musical heritage, strengthen relations of friendship between nations regularly;
Encompass Uzbek maqom and music genres of East people ,exchange cultural-scientific information, make scientific and creative cooperation, expand cultural and spiritual relations internationally.
Maqom Art International Forum is held from 2018 year, once in two years, in Shakhrisabz city by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan in assistance with State Committee of the Republic Uzbekistan for tourism development.
The Program of the Forum:
- Scientific-practical conference, on the topic “Music art of maqom and its role in the world civilization” (hereinafter referred to as Scientific-practical conference);
- Solo concerts of Uzbekistan and World maqom masters;
- Competition of ensembles, singers and instrumentalists.
- Music ensemble(band) (up to 7 persons), solo singers and instrumentalists, musician-scientists, press workers, Festival directors, music managers are invited to the Maqom art International Forum.
Famous music scientists of the world, artists, creative teams, specialists and honorable guests may participate to the Forum by an invitation of the Forum Organizers.
Organizing activity of International Juries:
International juries which included 7 persons are arranged by Organizational Committee for assessing participants’ performances in the competition.
On these following criteria, they are assessed:
- Original-national patterns of maqom art;
- Artistic and esthetic matters;
- Performers’ skills, dressing and stage culture are main criterias of assessment.
Awards of Forum
Winners of the competition are rewarded with diploma, statuette and the following fees:
“Grand Prize” – 15 000 USA dollars
1st place –2 , for each 10 000 USA dollars
2nd place– 2 ,for each 7 000 USA dollars
3rd place – 2, for each 5 000 USA dollars
Also, at the scope of Forum, for the reason of supporting and encouragingon the following nominations: “Professional maqom singer” “Professional maqom instrumentalist” “Professional master of maqom” “Professional maqompropagandist” Professional young maqom artist” “Professional maqombastakor” participants are rewarded with presents. e-mail: