Uzbekistan has long won the interest of travelers around the world. Every year, the country is visited by thousands of tourists who want to explore the rich history of our region and see cultural monuments known throughout the world.
But before you do that, you must know that all foreign citizens and stateless persons can enter Uzbekistan and transit through its territory only if the visas.
Only citizens of certain countries can visit Uzbekistan without a visa.
Thus, a bilateral visa-free regime has been established by 10 countries with Kyrgyzstan (up to 60 days), Tajikistan (up to 30 days), Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine.
Since February 10, 2018, Uzbekistan has established a visa-free regime with seven countries: Israel, Indonesia, the Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Turkey and Japan. The visa-free regime with these countries is valid for 30 days from the moment of entry into the country. This regime can applies to all categories of tourists, regardless of the purpose of their trip. Exceeding the 30-day period of stay will be a violation of the rules of stay in Uzbekistan.
Visas for entry into the Republic of Uzbekistan (entry-exit, transit) shall be issued to foreign nationals:
- Consular offices of the Republic of Uzbekistan abroad, and in case of absence those – consular offices of other countries with which it has bilateral agreements of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Consular Bureau of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan at airports with connections to foreign countries.
Visa support is issued on the basis of the petition invites the juridical and physical persons permanently or temporarily residing in Uzbekistan submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Short-term visa-free entry.
From July 15, 2018, Uzbekistan introduced a short-term visa-free regime with 101 countries.
In accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On Further Measures to Optimize the Order of Entry of Foreign Citizens into the Republic of Uzbekistan”, there is a number of measures to simplify the procedure for the entry of foreign citizens, their temporary stay and departure from the Republic of Uzbekistan through checkpoints for citizens of 101 countries traveling through the territory of the country at international airports for no more than 5 days if they have an air ticket to the third country of the carrier.
Visa-free entry for visitors under the age of 16
This regime applies to all countries and is issued for the period of validity of the entry visa of the accompanying person, not more than 90 days from the date of entry into the Republic of Uzbekistan. For visa-free entry to the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan, persons who have reached the age of 16 must carry a passport or a biometric travel document with them, and in the case that they are accompanied by their legal representatives. In this case, the entry visa is issued by migration units and citizenship registration of the internal affairs in the established order.
On July 9th, 2018 a presentation of the electronic entry visa system E-VISA.UZ was held in Tashkent.
- cancellation of compulsory treatment of foreign citizens to diplomatic missions, consular offices of the Republic of Uzbekistan abroad for registration of an entry visa;
- Reduction of the terms for consideration of a foreign citizen’s application for an entry visa;
- use of modern information and communication technologies for visa issuance.
Procedure for issuing an electronic visa:
The State Personalization Center representatives explained the procedure for registration, use after issuing an electronic visa in the e-visa.gov.uz system.
- An electronic visa is issued within 2 working days, excluding the day of filing a person’s application, with a single entry for 30 days and is valid for 90 days from the date of its issue.
- If the visa was issued, but the applicant did not enter the territory of the Republic, from the beginning of the specified period, the visa will not be extended and will remain in the specified 90 days.
The consular fee is 20 US dollars.
Simplified procedure for issuing visas
Since February 10, 2018, Uzbekistan has introduced a simplified procedure for issuing tourist visas with 39 countries of the world. The visa is issued within 2 working days, excluding the day of receipt of documents and issued for a period of 1 month, regardless of their activities. The consular fee for 30 days is 40 US dollars plus 10 dollars for postal services.
Tourists from these countries are issued multiple-entry visas for up to 1 month without a tour voucher or an invitation from an inviting legal or physical person in Uzbekistan to the Ministry of Foreign affairs.
New visa policy
The Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On Further Measures to Optimize the Order of Entry of Foreign Citizens into the Republic of Uzbekistan” instructed ministries and departments until October 1, 2018 to introduce proposals on introduction of additional visa regimes for various categories of foreign citizens visiting the Republic of Uzbekistan, for example:
“Silk road” – for tourists traveling through the countries of the Silk Road with the possibility of recognizing visa marks of other countries,
“Vatandosh” is a five-year visa for natives of Uzbekistan and members of their families,
“Golden visa” is a ten-year visa for large foreign investors.
The list of required documents for inviting foreign legal entities are:
- Visa application on the letterhead of the organization form;
- E-profile site https://e-visa.gov.uz/
- Copies of passports of the invited person, the head of the organization and the authorized person of the organization, for the submission of documents;
- Copies of documents for the organization (license, certificate, certificates, etc.);
- Copies of orders to the manager and the authorized person;
- A copy of a power of attorney on the authorized person of the organization;
- For visa upon arrival at the airport “Tashkent”, you must also provide a copy of a ticket or reservation.
The list of required documents for inviting foreign individuals:
- Visa application form;
- E-profile site https://e-visa.gov.uz/
- Copies of passports of the invitee and the inviting person;
- The original notification of the invitation issued by the internal affairs authorities of Uzbekistan;
- Copies of documents proving kinship (if any);
For visa upon arrival at the airport “Tashkent”, you must also provide a copy of a ticket or reservation.
Term of consideration of applications for businesses and individuals in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is 10 working days, subject to the established procedure for the submission of documents.
To obtain a visa for foreign citizens and stateless persons, it is necessary to submit the following documents to the diplomatic mission or consular posts of Uzbekistan abroad:
- passport or stateless persons, the validity of which should exceed the validity of the visa by at least 3 months;
- completed visa application form in 2 copies;
- 2 color passport-size photographs.
For a transit visa foreign citizens and stateless persons, except the above mentioned documents must have visa of the state destination and travel documents with confirmed date of departure from Uzbekistan in the country of destination. The term of consideration of visa documents in this case is 3 days.
Foreign nationals and stateless persons intending to come to Uzbekistan from a country where there is no diplomatic or consular mission of Uzbekistan can get visas on arrival at the visa provision Foreign Ministry of Uzbekistan in the international airport “Tashkent”. To this end, invites legal or natural person on the territory of Uzbekistan must apply in advance to the established order in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan, get a confirmation (stamp) of the visa department of the Consular Department and send it to the invited person. This confirmation is presented invited person when purchasing the ticket, passport control in the host country, and on its basis he issued a visa on arrival in the sector providing visa Foreign Ministry of Uzbekistan in the international airport “Tashkent”.
For registration and issuance of visas to Uzbek legislation following consular fees:
a) For single entry visas:
- up to 7 days – 40 USD;
- up to 15 days – $ 50;
- up to 30 days – $ 60;
- up to 3 months – 80 US dollars;
- up to 6 months – $ 120;
- up to 1 year – $ 160.
Note: for each additional entry tariff increases to $ 10.
b)For multiple-entry visas:
- up to 6 months – $ 150;
- up to 1 year – $ 250.
c) For a transit visa:
- up to 72 hours – $ 40;
- for a double transit visa – 50 US dollars.
d) For group visas (groups must be at least 10 people, excluding children under 16):
- up to 15 days – $ 15 per person;
- up to 30 days – $ 25 per person.
When visas also are charged fees for reimbursement of actual expenses related to visas. The amount of such charges varies depending on where visa processing (irrespective of the nationality of the applicant).
Note: For citizens of countries with which there are corresponding bilateral agreements and arrangements, may provide a different order of entry visas to the Republic of Uzbekistan.
For tourists arriving in Uzbekistan, should be aware that the importation of foreign currency in cash to Uzbekistan residents and nonresidents are allowed in unlimited quantities with a mandatory declaration to the customs declaration form T-6.
Foreign currency in cash in the amount exceeding the equivalent of 5000 US dollars, is passed to the Republic with the issuance of the customs authority certification form TS-28.
Taking foreign currency out of the Republic of Uzbekistan to non-residents are permitted up to the amount previously imported into the Republic in accordance with the customs declaration. The grounds for the removal of non-resident foreign currency in cash in excess of the amount specified in the customs declaration form T-6 (filled when importing) certificate or the TC-28 (issued by the customs authority on importation), a banking resolution. Be careful, non-declaration or false declaration and provision in the oral survey of foreign cash, traveler’s checks, foreign exchange and commodities and materials and other items, a customs officer at the customs control, it is a violation of customs rules, and the person they have committed, are responsibility in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The export of traveler’s checks are allowed with their number in the customs declaration of T-6.
Transfer bank permission to export foreign currency in cash to others is not allowed.
Discovered during customs control of counterfeit foreign currency in cash can not be skipped. Counterfeit Currency delays in registration of process in accordance with the law.
It should also be noted that in Uzbekistan skipped goods imported by individuals for their own use without paying customs duties:
- The cost of not more than $ 1,000 for goods imported from non-neighboring countries;
- Total cost of $ 10 for the goods, at the same time imports from neighboring countries (Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan).
The rules of entry of goods by individuals not subject to excise tax:
- Coffee roasted or fried caffeinated or decaffeinated – 2 kg;
- Sturgeon caviar – 0.5 kg;
- caviar substitutes – 1 kg;
- chocolate in a tile and briquettes over 2 kg – 5 kg.;
- grain products, cereals, starch, flour, flour confectionery products – 10 kg;
- processed vegetables, fruit, nuts or other plant – 5 kg;
- miscellaneous foods – 2 kg;
- beer – 2 liters;
- soft drinks, juices (except citrus) – 2 L;
- all kinds of alcoholic beverages (except beer) – 2 L;
- all types of tobacco products in the amount of – 10 packs;
- Fragrances – 2 units. of each item;
- car cosmetics – 2 units. of each item;
- detergents and cleaning products – 5 kg;
- products of natural and artificial leather, except for school bags and satchels – 1 units. of each item, but not more than 3 units.;
- clothing and clothing accessories made of genuine leather – 1 units. of each item, but not more than 3 units.;
- outerwear and hats made of natural fur – 1 units. of each item, but not more than 3 units .;
- carpets and rugs – 15 m;
- jerseys, machine- and hand-knitted – 1 units. of each item; bedding – 5 sets;
- ceramic products – Set 1, but not more than 24 units;
- Utensils from crystal – 1 set, but not more than 12 units;
- jewelry made of precious metals and precious stones – 5 articles with a total weight of not more than 30 grams;
- jewelry – not more than 0.5 kg;
- kitchen utensils, knives, spoons, forks and other base metal, including coated with precious metals – 1 set, but not more than 24 units;
- video and audio equipment – 1 units. of each item, but not more than 3 units.;
- clocks and watches – 2 units.;
- chandeliers, lighting equipment – 2 units.
On the consular districts of Uzbekistan abroad, can be found on the: website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan.