From September 28 to October 3, a large event will be held in several cities of Uzbekistan – the XIII Tashkent International Film Festival "Pearl of the Silk Road". The event will be held in a fundamentally new, bright, innovative format, mainly aimed at revealing the talents of young people.The Pearl of the Silk Road is an innovative platform for the exchange of experience with international colleagues and a grandiose marathon of cinema, which promises to become a cultural breakthrough of the year. The Tashkent International Film Festival, revived on the initiative of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev, will be held under the motto:" For peace, enlightenment and progress!".The guests of the festival will be both world-famous and young directors and producers, film and theater actors, famous masters of art of international scale, scientists, art critics and film critics, leading specialists in this field and others.
The following events will be held within the framework of the film festival:
– International competition "Cinema in 5 days", which will be attended by more than twenty young directors, laureates of international film festivals from 22 countries;
- World Cinema days from 13 countries;
- Opening ceremonies of the first foreign branch of the Russian State Institute of Cinematography named after S. Gerasimov (VGIK) in Tashkent and the buildings of the National Film Fund of Uzbekistan;
- Lectures, master classes, seminars and trainings from famous world filmmakers;
- Opening of six cinemas in Tashkent and other cities of the republic;
- Presentation of the book-album "Cinematography of Uzbekistan", as well as a streaming platform with a collection of Uzbek films of all times and much more.
The opening of the film festival will take place in the renovated building of the cinema, popularly known as "Panoramic", which has received a new name "Cinema Palace".