The decision of the Republican Special Commission on October 1 cancels previously imposed restrictions on entry into Uzbekistan and exit through air, rail and road checkpoints.
At the same time, the procedure for entry of foreign citizens arriving in the Republic of Uzbekistan by air is defined.
I. Passengers arriving from the countries of the "green" zone (except for persons with symptoms of the disease) are allowed to enter the territory of Uzbekistan without any restrictions.
*Green countries: China, Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea, Georgia, Hungary, Finland, Latvia, Austria and Japan.
II. Persons planning a flight to Uzbekistan from the countries of the "yellow" and "red" zones must provide a certificate to the airline representative with a negative result of the PCR test for COVID-19 in English or Russian. The PCR test certificate for COVID-19 must not exceed 72 hours before departure. At the same time, upon arrival in the country, arrivals must pass thermometry.
- Passengers arriving from the countries of the "yellow" zone, in the arrival hall of the airport must present a certificate of passing a PCR-test for COVID-19 with a negative result to the passport control service employees. If there is no certificate of passing the PCR-test for COVID-19, these passengers take samples for the PCR-test at their own expense at the airport after arrival and fill out a form of agreement for 14-day self-isolation.
** "Yellow" countries: Azerbaijan, Belarus, the UAE and EU countries (excluding the UK and Spain).
- Passengers arriving from the countries of the "red" zone must present a certificate of passing a PCR-test for COVID-19 with a negative result and filled commitment form to 14-day self-isolation to the airport's arrival hall.
*** "Red" countries all other countries in the world.
In this case, the commitment form for citizens of the Republic of Uzbekistan is filled in at the place of permanent residence, and for foreign citizens at the place of temporary registration in Uzbekistan.
Order of entry to Uzbekistan for transit passengers
I. Transit passengers arriving from the countries of the "yellow" and "green"zones, through the "red" zone, in the absence of a certificate of passing a PCR-test for COVID-19 with a negative result, undergo PCR-testing at the airport at their own expense and fill out a 14-day self-isolation commitment form.
II. Transit passengers arriving from the "red" zone, through the "yellow" and "green" zones after arrival in the country, in the absence of a certificate of passing a PCR-test for COVID-19 with a negative result, undergo PCR-testing at the airport at their own expense and fill out a 14-day self-isolation commitment form.
The order of entry in Uzbekistan through the automobile and pedestrian checkpoints
Persons entering the Republic of Uzbekistan through automobile and pedestrian checkpoints on the border with Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan and Afghanistan must present a negative PCR test result and fill out a 14-day self-isolation questionnaire. If there is no certificate, they pass the test at their own expense at the checkpoint and are sent to quarantine.
On June 19, 2020, the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev signed a Decree “On additional measures for the development of the tourism sector with strict observance of the requirements of the enhanced sanitary and epidemiological safety regime”.
This important for the country’s economy document supports the domestic tourism industry and confirms that Uzbekistan is ready to open to the world as the safest tourist destination.
Here are the main measures providing a comfortable and safe stay of tourists in Uzbekistan:
Safe travel is guaranteed
In order to create a safe environment for tourists, Uzbekistan has developed the project “Uzbekistan. Safe travel GUARANTEED”. The project is a new system of sanitary and epidemiological safety for tourists based on the world standards. In other words, you will be able to travel around the country as safely as possible – the unified requirements of sanitary and hygienic standards are introduced at all tourist sites.
According to the new Decree, a whole set of measures for the safe stay of tourists in Uzbekistan is being developed. For example, if a foreign tourist catches COVID-19 while traveling in Uzbekistan, up to $ 3,000 compensation will be allocated for his or her treatment.
The program for the development of medical tourism in Uzbekistan, “Uzbekistan – hope and healing land”, is also being developed. This project will systematize and expand the types of medical services provided to the citizens of foreign countries. The unified list of all health facilities that foreign tourists can receive during the pandemic will be created.
“Open Sky” Regime
From August 1, 2020, “the fifth freedom of the air” will be established at the airports of Andijan, Bukhara and Urgench. All restrictions on the number of flights and destinations are removed. This mode is introduced for 3 years inclusive.
In order to familiarize the foreign tourists with the history of the regions of Uzbekistan, as an example, the international airport of Andijan is named after Zakhiriddin Mukhammad Babur – a prominent political leader, great poet and commander, a descendant of Amir Temur.
The opening of the tourist zones
Nowadays, the work is carried out to improve the infrastructure and readiness to receive new tourists during the pandemic in the free tourist zone “Charvak", zones in the Navoi, Bukhara Jizzakh (in particular in the Zaamin district) regions. The State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan for Tourism Development will monitor the activities of these zones during the pandemic and conduct studies of nature protection zones, reservoirs and forests.
“Uzbekistan – my second home”
Uzbekistan is developing a new immigration visa “Uzbekistan – my second home”. The government of the country has been instructed to develop a new type of immigration visa for foreign citizens to stay in Uzbekistan within two months. The visa is granted to persons with high income, high academic knowledge, good life skills and abilities.
Since June 15, 2020, Uzbekistan has resumed international flights to the countries with a stable sanitary and epidemiological situation.
At the same time, the countries, from which international flights will be carried out, are divided into 3 categories:
The “green” countries – with a stable sanitary and epidemiological situation. People who have been in Japan, China, South Korea, and Israel for the past 14 days will not be subjected to the sanitary control;
The “yellow” countries – people who have been in the European Union, Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore for the past 14 days will be subjected to home quarantine for 14 days;
The “red” countries – people arriving from the UAE, Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan, Russia and other CIS countries will be quarantined in special institutions of Uzbekistan for 14 days.
The following persons are allowed to enter and exit by air:
- employees of diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign countries, as well as members of their families;
- specialists of foreign companies and other organizations operating in Uzbekistan within the framework of investment projects;
- persons undergoing treatment abroad (in the near future);
- persons, who have close relatives abroad or seriously ill relatives;
- at the request of the diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign states, persons who are moved to other countries in transit through the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- foreign citizens permanently registered in the Republic of Uzbekistan, stateless persons, as well as citizens of the Republic of Uzbekistan permanently registered in the foreign countries;
- persons, traveling outside the Republic of Uzbekistan to study and continue their work.
Domestic air and railway services
Since May 18, 2020, Uzbekistan Airways has resumed domestic flights from Tashkent to Nukus, Urgench and Termez.
Since June 15, 2020, the railway communication between the cities of Uzbekistan in the “green” and “yellow” zones have been resumed!
The train service operates on the following routes:
* Andijan-Bukhara- Andijan;
In addition, the “Afrosiab” train is allowed to run in the direction of Tashkent-Samarkand-Tashkent.
Safe zones of Uzbekistan
The territory of the country is divided into 3 zones: red (where the largest number of infected patients is registered), yellow (with a small number of infected patients) and green (completely free of COVID-19).
The operation of hotels and tourist facilities in state
According to the decision of the Republican Commission on fighting COVID-19, hotels and other tourist service points are permitted to operate in the “green” and “yellow” zones, subject to the following sanitary conditions:
- Disinfection of rooms, conference rooms, waiting rooms, staircases, elevators, sanitary points is carried out every 8 hours, and disinfection of common items and appliances every 2 hours;
- Providing antiseptic for public areas (elevators, sanitary and hygienic units, currency exchange offices and catering facilities). There should be warning signs about the need for constant hand disinfection in several languages.
- Regular measuring of body temperature and disinfection of visitors’ hands at the entrance to the hotel, provision of individual means (masks, gloves, antiseptics) for employees and visitors of the hotel.
- No more than two guests can be accommodated in the same room, and no more than three people, if they are the members of one family.
- Constant functioning of the hotel’s medical staff.
The situation in Uzbekistan related to the COVID-19 pandemic is gradually improving day by day, so the information on the site will be constantly updated.
Follow us and always keep up to date with the latest news.