Tashkent Film Festival, formerly known as the International Film Festival of Asia, Africa and Latin America, will be held from September 28 to October 3 in several cities of Uzbekistan.
Yesterday, September, 28, the opening of the film festival took place in the new building of the Cinema Palace (the former Panoramic cinema). The famous stars of world and Uzbek film industry and pop guests were distinguished guest of the opening ceremony.
Among the foreign guests are the famous American actor Steven Seagal, composer and producer Walter Afanasieff, Russian film directors Nikita Mikhalkov and Timur Bekmambetov, and Russian pop star Philip Kirkorov, Italian actor and film director Franco Nero, Indian film star Mithun Chakraborty and many others.
Before the opening ceremony of the Tashkent Film Festival, the star guests, upon arrival, paraded along the red carpet, being shoot at the press-wall and shared with journalists their most sincere impressions and wishes for the Tashkent Film Festival.
The festival was opened by Firdavs Abdukhalikov, Director General of the Cinematography Agency of Uzbekistan, Chairman of the Board of the National Association of Electronic Mass Media of Uzbekistan.
A message from the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the ideological inspirer of the Tashkent Film Festival, Sh.M. Mirziyoyev, was also read out at the opening. The message was read by Deputy Prime Minister - Minister of Tourism and Sports Aziz Abdukhakimov.
"Today, in the context of globalization, the role and importance of cinema as the most popular and effective art form in bringing together different peoples and cultures, promoting the ideas of peace, friendship and humanism are increasing, and the New Uzbekistan is striving to develop fruitful cooperation with the countries of the near and far abroad in all other spheres, including in the field of culture.
A great practical step in this direction is the revival of the Tashkent International Film Festival, which has more than 50 years of history and traditions, under the new name "Pearl of the Silk Road” and its holding under the motto “In the name of peace, enlightenment and progress," the President's message reads.
In the morning before the start of the festival, a series of press conferences and meetings were held with the participation of organizers, star guests and Uzbek cinematographers.
The star guests also visited the new Uzbekfilm studio, toured the cinema and met with young cinematographers of Uzbekistan.
Recall that several large events will be held during the film festival:
- International competition "Cinema in 5 days", with the participation of more than twenty young directors, laureates of international film festivals from 22 countries of the world;
- World Cinema Days of 13 countries of the world;
- Opening ceremony of the first foreign branch of the All-Russian State Institute of Cinematography named after S.A. Gerasimov (VGIK) in Tashkent and the building of the National Film Fund of Uzbekistan;
- Lectures, master classes, seminars and trainings from famous world filmmakers;
- Opening of six cinemas in Tashkent and other cities of the republic;
- Presentation of the book-album "Cinematography of Uzbekistan", as well as a streaming platform with a collection of Uzbek films of all times and much more.