If we talk about football in Uzbekistan, we must immediately emphasize that in this country it is very popular not only to watch it, but also to play it directly. Even just strolling through the city’s streets, you can see dozens of mini football fields, and playing guys who with passion and burning enthusiasm kick the ball around the field. And they have everything like adults: full equipment, the form of their favorite team, a real soccer ball and a strict, but fair judge.
Going to a football match is a big event. Sometimes getting tickets to a super League game is a big success, as they are sold out so quickly.
Uzbekistan Football Association was established in 1946. Nowadays, there are two popular football Championships: the super League (the Top division) and the Pro League (the 2nd most important football League). In addition, the national football team of Uzbekistan demonstrates good results by taking part in the international competitions. At the last Asian Cup in 2019, the national team of Uzbekistan entered the 1/8 finals and took 10th place.
Football clubs of Uzbekistan successfully and regularly perform not only at domestic Championships, but also at international tournaments. Such professional clubs as "Pakhtakor", "Bunyodkor", "Nasaf", "Navbakhor", "Neftchi" are among the most favorite professional clubs. The performance of local teams can be seen at the Grand stadiums, which differ in their capacity and equipment. . Stadiums presented below are sorted with the capacity of not less than 20 thousand people.
1. The Central stadium “Pakhtakor”, one of the iconic stadiums of Uzbekistan, was opened in 1956 and can accommodate 35 thousand people. The stadium is located in Tashkent near the “Pakhtakor” metro station. Initially, it could accommodate more than 50 thousand people, but after the reconstruction, the capacity was reduced. Nowadays, Pakhtakor is a modern stadium that meets all the latest requirements.
2. “Milliy” is a large stadium in the capital that can accommodate up to 34 thousand fans. This is a two-stored sports complex, which includes dozens of places for people with disabilities, VIP boxes, as well as the Museum of the history of football in Uzbekistan, cafe-bars, fast food restaurants, training areas and much more. The complex, in addition to the main field, has seven more fields. The total area of the occupied territory is 37 hectares. The architecture of the complex is especially beautiful at night, when the stadium is decorated with lighting.
3. “Bukhara Arena” is a sport complex located in the city of the same name. The stadium occupies 22 thousand 700 spectators and is the home arena of the Bukhara football club "Bukhara". The stadium was built in the 60s of the last century and was used only for sport events. It acquired its modern look at the beginning of the XXI century and became a multifunctional sport complex.
4. “Kasansay Stadium” is a multi-purpose stadium located in the city of Kasansay, Namangan region. Seats for 22,000 people are quickly filled during a game with the Namangan football team of the same name. The stadium is large, beautiful, and a good place for sports and leisure. Right next to the entrance, you will find two huge dummies of classic soccer balls.
5. “Istiklol Stadium” is located in Ferghana and can accommodate more than 20 thousand fans. The beautiful and modern stadium, equipped with everything necessary, was opened in 2015. It has become an ideal venue for the international football matches. “Istiqlol” is the home arena of football club “Neftchi”.